Broward families with children who have diverse needs – register your child for a multi-modality Sunday School that gives your child the Jewish education s/he deserves.
Free to Explore Jewish Education Program
Enroll your child in a program that enriches their Jewish education their way! Strong Judaic curriculum is overseen by educators and special needs professionals to ensure the highest quality program. Run in partnership with synagogues so that your family has a community and your child with special needs has the right education for him/her! Email Heather@levchildrensmuseum.org for a registration packet and more details.
LEV Children’s Museum Free to Explore
Teen Mentor Program: Information & Details for Applying
Free to Explore is a Sunday morning, community-wide, non-denominational Jewish education program for children with special needs that starts this Fall!
● Mentoring is a serious commitment, which runs from October to May of the 2021-22 school year,
9:15a.m.-11:30a.m. Each Mentor will be essential to the program’s success, either as a child’s aide or in another capacity.
● Teens currently in 10th-12th grade are encouraged to apply.
● Students who will be entering into 9th grade in August, 2021 may be eligible and should apply.
● For any high school teens interested in mentoring for the LEV Sunday School, you are encouraged to reach out to our Inclusion Coordinator, Heather Drew (email@example.com), to learn more about the volunteer position. Teen Mentors will receive hours for their service.
● Application Process:
o Applications can be requested by emailing either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
o As part of the application process, teens must:
▪ Complete the entire application form before the announced deadline (September 3);
▪ Have at least two adults who are not related to them complete the recommendation form;
▪ Participate in a 10–15-minute interview, which will be scheduled after all of the required application documents have been received;
▪ Be aware that we have limited spots and cannot necessarily accept everyone to the Sunday program. We are happy to speak with teens or their parents about what we are looking for in the application process (enthusiasm for the job, an appreciation for diverse individuals, excellent verbal communication skills, comfort speaking with adults, pleasant effect, and enjoys working with children).
● The application and acceptance process is competitive.
● All Mentors must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
● Acceptance letters are sent via email.
● Following receipt of acceptance as a Mentor, a fee of $180 must be submitted.
o For any questions or concerns regarding the fee please contact us.
o Fees go towards the continual training and materials our Mentors receive.
Thank you for your interest in our Teen Mentor Program; it is going to be an amazing year!